What a release!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

True Confessions Tuesday

It is Tuesday, which means it is time for...

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans True Confessions

Sooo, as I highlighted in the last post, it was a tough week last week and that poured into this week.  Really until today, the funk continued.  The list of "transgressions" is LONG...

A few confessions:

Several drinks on Friday and Sunday nights
Chocolate on three different days
Intentionally going to the section of the store to buy said chocolate
Stopping at Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone
Skipping Zumba on Sunday and Monday
Grabbing candy from one of the many candy dishes at work

That about summarizes what I remember...  I just haven't been able to get serious and back my desires up with action.  What is it about human nature that causes us to be so sadistic?  I just flat abuse myself on a regular basis, when I KNOW BETTER.  For now, it is what it is and it is all out there...

HOWEVER...

Today was a big turning point!  Up until today, the funk had a hold on me.  I had a major breakthrough at the gym.  When I had gone to the gym on Saturday, I tried to walk/run on the treadmill and REALLY struggled.  My shins hurt within a couple of minutes and I just couldn't get into any kind of groove and couldn't get rid of the burning in my shins. 

So, today was the day that I took the plunge and sent in my application and $50 to do the Virtual Teams in Training Half Marathon with Team Shrinking Jeans!  I guess I was majorly just a bit inspired to go back and conquer the treadmill.  I started out slower and eased my speed up and instead of increasing my speed when I started to jog, I stayed at the same speed and did SOOO much better.  Then, I decided to take a page out of the Biggest Loser playbook and increase my speed all the way to a run for 30 seconds - BUT MADE IT FOR A WHOLE MINUTE! I then decreased my speed for two minutes and did this through til the end.  By the end I had gone 40 minutes and 2.75 miles!

I felt so good and so proud of myself.  I really felt like I broke through!

Now THAT is the positive side of my true confessions...



1 comment:

  1. ooh - dairy queen. there blizzards are sinfully delicious!

    and woot!! on the half. good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete