What a release!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shrinking Days of Summer Weigh-In #3

I run with the Sisterhood

This was a week that was full of getting back into the swing of "normal life"... I am still reeling from my amazing experience with Team Shrinking Jeans in San Diego!  You can read all about it HERE.


Overall, I am getting back into my eating routine... The only caveat has been sugar.  I am still getting back to the business of dropping the sugar.  I don't really struggle giving up starch, bread and other carbs that I have been really limiting, but there is something about sugar and sweets that is just purely addicting to me.  This go around it has been ice cream - maybe because we ate quite of bit of it on vacation and maybe because it is so flipping hot here.  Regardless, it has to go and as of Monday, it is done and over... 

On the exercise front, I am still tired and still recovering from the race.  I attempted to run/walk on Saturday and only made it two miles and had to walk most of it because of leg pain.  I tried again yesterday and wile I was able to do more running, I still felt like my legs were huge tree stumps to lug around.  General consensus has been to give myself some more time and cross train in the meantime... Great advise, I just am impatient and itching to run!  Plan to start 30 Shred today, now that I am not in the later weeks of training for a run.
 
So, here are my numbers... Definitely a loss... getting back to baseline before the race.  Thilled for the loss - next week I will definitely be in the negative for the challenge!


Starting Weight
215 lbs
Starting Weight for this Challenge
196.6
Today's Weight
197.2 lbs
Change from last week
-2.2 lb
Difference for the challenge
+0.6 lb
Total Difference
 -17.2 lbs
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss. Take your time getting back in to running. You've made a huge accomplishment, celebrate and rest. I know it is hard, I'm training for my half marathon and need to take time off for an injury - so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Now, take care of yourself. And be careful with the Shred...listen to your body. I love the Shred, but even my crazy trainer has told me that the Shred is super intense.
    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you are getting back into the swing of things and returning to normal which lead to your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Tiffany! you will be in the red in a agood way next week for sure. Hope your legs start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job this week Tiffany! I hope you are able to start running again soon, but cross-training in the meantime sounds like a great idea. Good luck on the Shred. Totally kicks butt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are so wonderfully awesome, inside and out. Take care, hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job getting back at it!! :) your body will love you for giving it a break from running and hitting some cross training. :)

    ps - i have my hematologist appt tomorrow - thanks for all your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the loss! I'm so proud of you for kicking the sugar habit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugar is a tough cookie to break. hahaha! I kill me! Just stay focused and try to convince yourself your allergic :) Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I just read your post from the Half Marathon and I cried. You are amazing and you did such a great job, you rock. Thanks for sharing and the sisterhood is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so proud of you girls who did the half marathon, amazing!

    I too have trouble with sugar. Sometimes it mixes with my salt cravings and that never turns out good!

    Maybe try to find something that will satisfy your sweet tooth but with low calories? I use the jello mousse to satisfying my sugar/chocolate cravings.... only 60 calories for each cup! It definitely helps me get a taste without cramming 300-400 calories into my day.

    I've been feeling the same way about running. I did a 5k in November and then slacked off, and now I'm having trouble getting motivated to run, so when I feel like I can't run anymore I've been cycling or trying to use the elliptical machine to make sure I'm still getting exercise and keeping my heart rate up. :)

    ReplyDelete